Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It snows!!!

You could feel it and smell it yesterday in the air...

And right now, the white stuff is falling.

:)

It is nothing but a tease. It doesn't seem to be accumulating...

I love snow. I was born Christmas Eve.... but I have quite a love/hate relationship with the whole holiday...

I have hated having a birthday Christmas Eve. I would spend it alone every year... all my friends were busy with their families... I never had parties... :(

(sniff sniff)

But i did get into a tradition over the years: mom and dad would give me $20 and I would buy a magazine and sit at "the Skillet" and eat fries and gravey.

Yup.

Then, I met Kyle Oct'97, and that Christmas Kyle went to the States...

By the following Christmas Drew was 3 months old and I have always had company on my birthday.

:)

Last Christmas Kyle took the kids to Digby. I can't remember if it was Christmas day or boxing day. And this year I expect the same thing. All I want, is to see them on my birthday. That is the best Christmas gift!

I hope to do another Polar Dip Jan 1st...

anybody else wanna check that off their "to do before I die" list?

:)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ill come ;)

Debra-Dawn said...

You'll need a pair of sneakers you don't mind if they get wet...

your "Dawgs" might work....

We'll even try and make a bon fire this time and bring lots of hot chocolate...

:)

My kids want to do it this time too....

I don't see a problem with that...

(they will probably change their minds once we get there...!!! )

:)