Sunday, March 23, 2008

An easy day ahead...

Yesterday started out aweful....

I mean the kindof aweful that makes you want to run for the woods and never come out.

My furnace needed to be bled, and honestly I felt up to the task... but after an hour of fighting with it... I decided it deserved some professional attention. Monday was the earliest this could happen. So I put it out of my mind.

I send the kids to my moms and headed up to Moncton to Mike's Bike Shop and learned about triathlon bikes and the gear. The store really surprized me. The science behind the bikes... I was inspired to learn more.

I feel up to the swim and know that i can get help training for that...

I love to run so that isn't an issue... but the bike.... ug.... I really should have a street bike.

Andre was very kind to explain things down to my level. From the gears, the pedels, and the differences between all the bikes... he has been doing triathlons for 15 years and it is impossible to not be effected by his passion for the sport.

I came back to Amherst convinced that i can do this.

:)

With that said, this morning I have accepted that it will be an easy day. Kale and Drew and Haven are all suffering from a virus that i am slowly recovering from. There will be some coloring and a movie or two. And fruit slushies... mmmmm...

No comments: