Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Takin a break... :)

I am finally sitting.

It has been a busy day. And it isn't over yet.

I had to go out this morning and do some errands. At noon I swam 40 lengths in 25 minutes (i was a machine...), and then I walked to Tim Hortans to read.

I stood at the counter and ordered a Coffee, hearty veggie soup and a whole wheat bun...

She repeaded the order back and said hot chocolate instead of coffee. I corrected her.

I brought my order to the table and placed the spoon in my soup. No vegetables to speak of...

ug...

I brought my broth back over to the lady and showed her that there was infact no vegetables in my "Hearty Vegetable" soup...

She gave me a look.

:)

I smiled and said I'll take a clam chowder instead. She got a fresh bowl out and got me a nice bowl of clam chowder...yummmmm..

I got back to my table and picked up my bun... it was white...

did i let that go? did i just chalk it up as an innocent mistake? ... heck no....I mean this just is not rocket science...

is it?

I brought the bun over and explained the mistake. She brought me a WW bun, but not before she whispered something in the other waitress's ear...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My compassion flew out the window until i sat back down...

I sat back down, to read a book on mindfulness, and my anger dissapated...

poof...gone... that poor girl obviously had more on her mind than my order...

:(

I am home now and am about to embark on a cleaning spree.......

10 minutes from now...

because right now, i am enjoying the stillness....

No comments: