Tuesday, February 26, 2008

All it takes...

... sometimes, fresh air is all you need.

:)

I got out with Geneva for a walk this morning. We walked to the mall, i tied her to a post, and I ran in and bought a book called "Coming to our Senses" by Jon Kabat-zinn. I then headed over to Tim Hortans to get a coffee and sit outside and read.

Geneva laid by my table and I dove into my new book.

I felt good. The day was already looking up.

:)

I didn't get very much reading done though.

I had no fewer than 6 different people come up and talk to me while i sat there.

One man commented on my possibly being the first person this year to sit at the tables outside, inviting the sun to shine on the book i read. he then wished me a fantastic day.

One lady brought a cup of water out to Geneva because she saw her licking the snow and ice.

(Geneva eats snow and ice... but i didn't tell her that.... I just thanked her for her thoughtfulness.)

A guy i was in firefighting with a couple of years ago, came over and talked to me a bit. His girlfriend and I were pregnant together.

Then Jimmy stopped by to get a coffee while a nearby car dealership was giving his car an oil change. I asked if he was bringing his son to Cub's Wednesday night. But he said he worked and his wife probably would.

Even Dan, a Cub leader, was yelling out of a vehicle, taunting and trying to tease me, while he was in drive thru. But I teased back and the poor guy never knew what hit him....

I was on fire.........

:)

I am now getting ready to go find (and hopefully buy) a bike and a bike trailer...

I'll leave you with another quote:

this time from Henry David Thoreau in Walden...

"I went to the woods because i wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if i could not learn what it had to teach and not, when i came to die, discover that i had not lived."

No comments: