Tuesday, February 5, 2008

being tested and failing

I am being tested.

It is crazy.

Kale was up all last night screaming with an ear infection. Kyle had taken him to the hospital Saturday night for the same reason and had recieved a perscription... which he didn't fill the next day... because he didn't think that pharmasies were open on Sundays...

an honest mistake .... ?

But i was still seething with anger... then ... compassion... what else could I do?

I gave Kale some Tylonal and rubbed his back until he crashed.

But then this morning the kids were testing me.... and I failed...

:(

They drove me crazy begging for every breakfast food under the sun and I caved... then they wanted to get their own cereal and ended up pouring salt instead of sugar on it...

wow... such a simple mistake...

but to me... still semi-upset at Kyle, no sleep, and feeling aweful about yesterdays horrid excuse for somethign that would never pass for parenting....

I failed...

I am trying to salvage the day from here...

I just dont want to mess things up worse than i already have...

:(

I need my oomph and my sence of humour back...

I better start looking...

1 comment:

Mama S said...

Ah, Deb, we all have days like that. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Tomorrow is another day...

:)