Monday, December 24, 2007

christmas eve thoughts...

It is such a different christmas eve than i had imagined.

The morning started off pretty aweful... long angry story that i will avoid...

...but as soon as my kids started waking up... my day got better from there.

:)

I never had company on my birthday until I had kids. So I am so happy to have had them today even if it was only for a couple of hrs...

Kyle was working until noon and then took the kids to Digby to visit his parents, so I tried to get in as much as I could with them.

I took the kids to McDonalds for breakfast and got the boys Bionical toys while Haven got a Strawberry Shortcake doll.

Then we went "jammie" shopping. Drew and I had a halarious moment when i wanted him to try on some one piece pajamas with the button bum area. He steadfastly refused.... :) It was soooooo funnny... we laughed and laughed....

Kyle took them to Digby and I had a nap to try and kill time...

I had a message or two from some friends. My sisters stopped by with gifts. My dad stopped by with gifts for the kids.

(sigh)... My kids....

My kids are a 4 hr drive away but i know that they will have a wonderful christmas with my inlaws... with that said, I am already anticipating MY christmas with the kids next year!!! :) Yay!!!

On a more somber note: My sister's baby is still in the NICU... but she might be home this week.... :)... lets hope....

:)

Jeff has managed to call me a bunch of times today and is coming to get me after he gets off work. We are going back to his place to drink eggnog, coffee, watch tv, and wrap presents...

until then... I need to keep myself busy... to keep the hosue from feeling so empty and quiet.

:)

Happy Holidays To All.

No comments: