Friday, December 21, 2007

grrrrr.... and ug.... and blahhhhh....

It hits you with the force of ten thousand nuclear weapons... and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I believe that the technical term is "24 hr flu."

Drew started last night with it and I knew that it would be just a matter of time before, I too, was suffering. I had seen all the signs in my other 2 boys in the last 3 days and I was NOT looking forward to it.

However, i was shocked at how soon after the first hr of Drew feeling the effects, I too started to feel that it was hitting me. And it was relentless.

Jeff was here as well last night, and it hit him right around the same time it hit me.

:(

So, the three of us took turns in one of the two washrooms. All Night Long... no sleep...

Haven and Kale and Myles (the three healthy ones) got up at 6am and we all headed downstairs. Jeff packed up his dog Daisy and they headed home to rest.

Nice "date", eh?

I wonder if I'll see him again. :)

I called Kyle, who just got off the backshift, and informed him that i would be dropping the kids off at exactly "noon." And then I would come back here to sleep my icky feelings away.

The worst part of it is not being able to be happy for my kids... i cannot even fake it. Basically, I want to be left alone for the next 6 hrs. I intend to throw some food at them and otherwise minimally take "care" of them...

:(

And also, because of some virus ravaging my body right now, i will not be venturing out into public... not for days...

:(

No working out, no swimming, no skating, no sledding... no chance of seeing my new neice Danika when she comes home (she might even be coming home as soon as tomorrow) ...no coffee with the girls, and no ...

(sniff sniff) hanging out with Jeff...

well, i need to go finish the laundry....

:(

only 5 hrs left....

No comments: