Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Picking my battles...

Today there was different sort of battle brewing.

With all the new snow that has arrived in our driveway, the kids were egar to get out in it. And then it happened... my oldest says, "Can I run around outside in my barefeet?"

hmmmm...

I ponder.... and I ponder.... I cannot think of one good reason why he cannot. He is 9. He knows it will be cold... he wants to see just how cold...

:)

I glow with pride... (my little budding scientist)...

"Sure!" I say and continue on with making toast. He runs around out side for maybe the inside of say... a minute... and then he returns to the kitchen and he is beaming...

"Cold...cold...." he says.

I feel like we both won that battle.

By the way, don't tell my mom i let him do that... she would completely freak out!

nahhh, tell her... she hasn't called me in two days... i am starting to feel neglected....

:)

No comments: