Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Master Cleanse - Day one

After being unsuccessful at trying to curb my bad eating habits, I have decided to try something new.

The Master Cleanse.

The picture you see here is a glass of water with 2 tbsp of lemon juice (I used freshly squeezed... see the seeds on the bottom if the glass) and 2 tbsp of maple syrup (from a tree, not the corn syrup stuff).

I was supposed to add cayenne pepper , but i don't have any so I will pick some up tomorrow.

So far so good.

:)

This morning was the day.

I could feel it.

I was ready for this adventure.

I woke up and did Yoga. Then I took a Vitamin C and made my first drink and thankfully, it tastes alot better than i expected.

:)

I have researched this cleanse for years.... it is actually the one that prompted me to do the detox that i did 2 summers ago. However, just water and some lemon juice had scared me into a "modified" slushie detox...

But this time, inspired by a book i received for my birthday, i decided that it is now or ...later....

:)

Now.

I have read both sides of this story. I have read that it is a farse and I have read that it does good. So, what better way to find the truth, than to subject myself, "guinea-pig" style, to the process.

Just call me:

Debbie Megeney-pig...

yup, that was the best they could do when i was in school...

And, now I am finally living up to my "nick name"...

:)

No comments: