Sunday, January 13, 2008

When the smoke clears...

... I will have made 23 pancakes this morning.

:)

The air in the kitchen is a bit... cough cough... denser than usual... but thankfully the kids are too busy eating these pancakes to make fun of me... They were chocolate chip pancakes (I always make them from scratch.... but this time i used a Stone Ground Rye Wheat Flour that was suggested in the book B.A.L.A.N.C.E. that i got for Christmas.

The pancakes might not have looked too astheitic... (in my opinion they looked aweful...) but they were much more flavourful than using the plain old flour i normally do...

:)

And yesterday I made another rash decision, and had another sleep over. It was really short otice and Ethan and Emilee were at their grandparents, as was Jonah and Hannah. But Alexei was available.

We have never had Alexei (pronounced Alix- ay) over before.

:)

He was so excited to come over and hang out, that he started to feel a bit queazie... and in the van, (ten feet from the house)... he couldn't hold in his excitement in anymore and he threw up all inside my van.

wow eh?

I pulled into our driveway and told him it would be ok, that I would get some rags...

He smiled at me and said it was ok.... that he does this all the time... then he opened the door to the can and threw up in my driveway...

:)

can you even imagine?

:)

HE was reassuring ME that he was ok...

OMG, so when the shock of that moment wore off, I got some rags. He came inside and changed into his pajamas and handed me his ahem... clothes... and he asked me to wash them...

what an amazing kid... :)

The rest of the night they either played station, listened to music, or jumped over the staircase railing to a pile of blankets and pillow below...

:)

I think that the next sleepover will be a theme one... with challenges... The kids can plan it Monday morning and make invitations...

Well, i have some laundry and dishes to get to...

and some new drum sticks to buy.... yes... I was finally rockin too hard on the durm set this morning and they caught fire and exploded...

....mwaahahahaha...

>:)

No comments: