Sunday, November 18, 2007

And then there were 7...

Well, by 11 pm only two kids had dropped off into snooze-land...

my youngest two.

At midnight Jonah complained of a stomach ache. I knew he was serious and i offered any number of solutions.... but in the end... he just laid down and went to sleep. His sister was next, and then Myles....

At 1am Drew and Ethan and Emilie were still awake playing Pokemon cards at the table... while they played, I debated with Nadine on messenger about whether it is better to be shot by the PO-PO or be Tasered.

:)

At 1:30am, I told Drew that I was going upstairs and if there was a problem or question of any kind...to come and get me...

:)

At 2am Drew came into my room and informed me that Jonah had woke up and threw up all over the floor...

(I can hear you gasp and then laugh.... yeah....hahahahahahahahahahahaha...)

I smile i think, "the glass is broken" .... then, I go downstairs and make sure that Jonah is in better spirits before I attempt to clean up the mess...

I call Jonah's Dad and let him know the situation. He says he will be right there.

Emilie, with her big beautiful blue eyes, stops me in the hallway and looks up and me and tells me that she is AWAKE. And that her eyes just stay opened until they cannot stay opened any more...

:)

So I asked her to pick out a cartoon and she could stay awake and watch it. She was soooooo happy.

Jonah's dad came just as Sinbad was starting.

I went back upstairs and tried to catch some zzzz's.... knowing full well that my youngest two are usually up at 6am...

At 6:30am Kale came into my room and snuggled up to me and asked "How many more minutes until we can go downstairs...?"

"5 minutes" was my responce....

and 25 minutes later Haven woke up.

:)

And here we are.

The sun is shining. The birds are singing...

Another fantastic day awaits...

No comments: