Sunday, November 4, 2007

Time to make the donuts....

err.... pancakes...

What a mess.

:)

I made pancakes from scratch this morning. (I always do). They tasted fine but looked like crumbly chocolate chip cookie dough. The kids ate them... Bless their little hungry hearts. :)

The sun is shining right now and the smell of baking dog biscuits fills the nostrals of my Malamute, who is currently drooling on the keyboard in anticipation of me getting up and announcing that they are done...

:)

now she is howling... little ones... what a silly dog.

Yesterday, while swimming at the YMCA, there was this boy, 7 years old, and he continually tortured the other kids.

He finally zeroed in on my 9year old. Drew repeatedly told this boy to leave him alone. This boy would laugh and follow him around the pool, ball held back ready to throw it at him. The lifeguard was a youngish guy.... 17ish?.... and he was not saying anything, so i told this kid that if he threw that ball at my son that the lifeguard would kick him out of the pool forever, and then he would have to tell his mom what happened...

-this didn't deter the kid...

Drew walked all round the pool deck to avoid being hit with the ball. When Drew got back to where we were swimming, I saw this 7 year old's mom walk onto the pool deck and enter the sauna. Drew told this kid again to leave him alone. I turned to Drew and said "If he throws that ball, you go over to the sauna and tell his mom."

Drew is NOT a tattler, and shot me a look of despiration. This kid wasn't letting up...

The kid finally left.

Should I have gone to his mom and told her?

Amherst is a pretty small town and I know the family. My compassion was tested because I know how this boy's older brother treats him. I have witnessed this older brother verbally bash his younger sibling to the point that I finally stepped in and told him to leave his younger brother alone or I would call his mother.

He never let up. And his mom got a call that night....

That was a year or more ago now... and it is a shame that this little boy, who 3 years ago was one of the sweetest boys in my son's preschool class, is now a bully... he treats others the way his older brother treats him...

:(

it's sad...

No comments: