Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's Our Christmas Sleepover!!!

Generally, every month I'll have a sleepover for the kids. Drew can invite two kids and Myles can invite two kids...

When I was growing up, I was allowed to have friends over whenever i wanted to. I generally wouldn't even ask my mom because the answer was always the same... "I don't care."

:)

I like to take the sleepover just one step farther and have themes.

Tonight the kids all particpated in the Town's Christmas Parade. They were with me on the "Beaver and Cub" Float.

What a Fantastic time!!!

:)

We sang songs and waved at the crowd. We were warm enough until we got off the float... then it was COLD!!!

:)

We got everyone back to my house and I served them all hot chocolate...

And right now my 4 kids and 4 of their friends are watching "Elf". 8 kids in my livingroom and you could hear a pin drop...

I guess when I try and think of it from someone else's perspective.... it may seem like alot of effort. But really, only Haven is in diapers and she can feed herself... so... really... where is the effort?

I put the odd band-aid on a hurt finger, I did make some Holiday Rice Krispie squares, and there will be a huge pile of dishes tomorrow...

But it is worth it...

:)

The kids always have a blast... and strangely, they have all been singing too... even the boys... Songs like: Grandma got ran over by a reindeer, Tarzan, and the "burn down the school" version of Deck the Halls...

Kids are funny...

:)

No comments: