Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sunshine on my shoulder...

I love mornings. And this morning is a perfect example of why.

:)

When my two youngest wake up, they crawl into bed with me, and they giggle, laugh and make a bunch of snoring sounds, and then... they start begging for the "Backyardagens". I follow them downstairs and tuck them snuggly into the couch with a blanket.

I put on my Sorels and a sweater and grab the dog's leash. Geneva and I go outside so she can do whatever business (if any) she has to do.

This morning, 20 minutes ago, I stood there....and stood there.... and yes, I stood there... I could have stood there for an hour. It was quiet, surprizingly warm, and I didn't want to leave...

If my kids had been older, and didn't need me to burn their toast,... I would have grabbed a chair, a blanket, and a cup of coffee and just sat out there... breathing in, breathing out...

...but, sitting outside in the snow is not something I am able to do just yet, instead... I have other matters that need my attention...

...toast needs to be burnt, laundry started, and ... a shower... a hot shower...

mmmmmmmm.... better get to it... :)

No comments: