Sunday, November 25, 2007

I jog...

This morning's jog was just what I needed.

The fact that I had drank so heavily last night was still effecting me. And the best thing, in my experience, for a hangover... is an early morning jog.

I drink very rarely, and even when i do, it is only one glass of wine... But last night I had a bottle of wine. The whole bottle. Myself!!

(surely I made the naughty list for that!)

Then, once I made it to the bar, I decided that a Corona or two was necessary. And in all honesty, I haven't been that drunk in years... (not my finest 3 hrs)....

But back to my jog...

Before I left the house, I had a large glass of chocolate milk and two large glasses of water.

I started off running well... (Surprisingly.)

But at km 10... my body decided to disagree with what it was doing. I walked for about 5 minutes and then decided that that was enough of a rest. I toughed it out and jogged the remaining 3 km.

Though-out the jog I did alot of thinking.

I have been single for a very long time. But I never actually felt "lonely" until recently...

After I got off the float during the Christmas parade, I was standing by the road and I was watching the end of the Parade go by and I felt it. It only lasted a brief moment... and I was actually surprised by it.

I allowed myself to feel it for a moment... and then I pushed it away.

I have never really experienced feeling loney in my life. I was the type of person that never needed anyone in my life that way. Actually, I have had only 3 boyfriends. And there were plenty of gaps of singleness where i hungout with friends and helped them deal with their man problems. Why on earth would i want to compound the situation with my own "issues" that required tissues...?

So I jogged and enjoyed life.

The fact that I have been single again for so long doesn't bother me at all. It tends to bother other people. But that moment, at the parade watching Santa go by... I stood there with my two oldest boys and I felt lonely... deep down lonely...

...

Thankfully, I haven't felt that way since...

I am jogging and enjoying life...

again.

No comments: