Friday, November 2, 2007

This time of year...

It is early November and companies in town are planning their Christmas parties.

By the end of the month, there will be women in heals and sparkly dresses, and men in nice shoes and Christmas themed ties. The men will hug the women close against them in the chilled air as they go from their vehicles to the warm party waiting.

It might even be snowing.


How wonderful for those people...

(she types with immmense jealosy)

:P

I remember being in University (11 years ago) and getting all dressed up for the Winter Formals. I remember the excitement of showing up by cab, in the dark, in the cold, to the dance on the arm of my date, who would immediately rush off to get drinks for us. I remember only leaving the dance floor to run giggling to the washroom with the other giggling girls. And then returning to my date who was waiting, eyes only for me.... (yah right)... snicker snicker...


I remember romance.

I remember it all too well.

How wonderful for those people.

No kidding this time, seriously....

I hope they appreciate what they have.

I know I would.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Someone here needs to ahvea christmas drinks party. just the girls (cause some of us dont ahve dates now) ;) we could get dressed up all sparkly in our heels and drink wine all evening and listen to xmas music ;) souns LOVELY ;)