Friday, November 9, 2007

The Planets are Aligned against me ...

Something strange is going on this week.

And today was the icing on the cake, I swear I must have won the "wrong place at the wrong time" lottery.

I took my dog for a walk at 10am, and nothing went right.

I'll share the things that I can remember, but I have muttered the words "are you kidding me?" a thousand times today...

For example: I had to go to the bank and assumed my dog was not allowed to follow me in, so I attatched Geneva to the far post, while i went in. I come back out, barely 5 minutes later, and the Poe-Poe (my sister's ever-affectionate term for the Police) is parked watching me and my dog... I half expected them to jump out of their cruiser and ask to see my dog's tag. But they didn't, they just gave me "the eye".

"are you kidding me?"

I unemotionally unattatch Geneva, the Poe-Poe drive off, and we walk up to the mall to pay for my high speed. This fact in itself is not so humourous because I had, in-fact, paid the bill yesterday. However, the money went unretrievably into my cellphone account. grrrrrr...

"are you kidding me?"

It is what it is, so I ventured up to the mall from downtown, to pay for my internet (again).

:P

I get ready to cross Robert Anges Drive, just past Dairy Queen. I don't hear anything coming so I am just about to step out onto the road as I turn and look... and I see a Truck coming.

Granted, it was a big beautiful Truck, yes... but the fact that i was just about to be squashed was completely unfair. Even more unfair was the fact that it was being driven by a fellow Cub Leader. Horribly unfair indeed. Unfair in ways I cannot describe here and now.

I turned around and kept walking until it past. Blushing a red so profound there are no words to describe it, I dragged my jaw acrossed the road and shook my head in complete disbelief...

"are you kidding me?"

I decided, right then and there, that hiding out today and tonight in my house is probably the best thing to do...

I went on to pay my bill at Aliant, then I bought a bottle of wine, and came directly home to have a bath, get drunk and wait for the planets to go back to the way they were...

If a meteor hits my house... you can tell the Poe-Poe I saw it coming a mile away... and I smiled and said "are you kidding?"

No comments: