Sunday, November 11, 2007

a winter wonderland....

How can anyone hate snow?

:)

It is fantastic!!! Nothing makes you feel more like getting outside, than a bunch of the white stuff on the ground.

I got up this morning and was soooo happy to see the snow had stayed and that it was still falling. I got ready for the Rememberance Day Ceremonies and then went outside to wait for Dad. While I waited, i shoveled my driveway.

Dad showed up 30 minutes early because he had to go down to the Fire Station first. I was dropped off at the Armories and went inside. The bands were practising. Tim Cook was there again. I find it odd that he comes up from Halifax, where he is an RCMP officer, to help with the Amherst Group. I wonder why he doesn't help with a Halifax group?

It was getting late and no other Cubs or Beavers had arrived yet so i went out for a walk.

:)

Walking downtown Amherst while it snows is like being in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life." Nostalgic.... pretty... peaceful....

The Ceremonies were held indoors at the Baptist Church. There was a good crowd and the kids were all very well behaved.

Then I walked home and changed. I headed to Tim Hortans for lunch and a good novel.

I read for about an hour and then came back home to take Geneva for a hike around town in the "blizzard"...

:)

It was windy and wet and even a bit cold. But i was warm and happy...

Now i am sitting here trying to keep up with Nadine and Iris's messenger conversation... meanwhile the snow melts in my hair and drips down my neck onto my back...

I need to get out of these wet clothes and into a hot bubble bath...

plus, I still have a little wine left,....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... yeah.

No comments: